Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Ahh, the New Year. Two Thousand Eight. Yep. It's upon us. I have made a couple of resolutions. Now, I pretty much gave up New Year's Resolutions in my early 20s because I never followed through, and decided I would quit setting myself up for failure. Then, a few years ago, I decided I was just setting my goals too broad and high. Yep, nothing like reducing your standards to make your goals attainable. Now my New Year's resolutions are simpler.

This year I Resolve to:

A) Learn to make Chile Con Carne good enough to make my husband cry. I really stink at red chile. My poor husband thinks he has to go all the way to Chalo's in Globe, AZ to get a decent bowl of red chile.

And,

B) Stop being such a potty mouth. Really. You might be surprised, but I have been known to let fly with a little bit of blue language when things get stressful. I never used to cuss at all, but over the years it has creeped up on me. Sort of like flabby abs. SO, to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, Every time I say a cuss word, I have to do 10 reps on this:



That's it. Those are the self improvement projects I have undertaken this year. What about you?

5 comments:

Charity Grace said...

You are too funny! I wrote about my goals today too. That ab cruncher looks painful. However, after this #4 arrives I'm sure I will need something along that line. Now whether I would actually use it is another story...

Bobbie said...

Please, please share your chili recipe after you get it perfected. 'course all good recipes take time and I am willing to wait :)

Arizona Mama said...

CG, it's not too bad! It's actually better than sit ups because you don't have to crawl around on the floor. Lucky you to have #4 on the way and not be able to do them!

Bobbie, I might share with a select few, but every woman should have at least one secret recipe...*smiles*

Debi said...

I like the way you think. And it is serious business to be able to make chile con carne.

I once saw Wanda Sykes on Leno around New Year's. When Leno asked her if she had any New Year's Resolutions, she replied, she did. She resolved not to stab any one that year.

That's the gist of my New Year's resolutions this year. And some days that will be extremely ambitious. *snort*

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I'm with you on the swearing one! My mouth need's soap!Don't quite fancy the idea of stomach crunching..or soap!
Your chicken soup looks delish! I can almost smell it. Great entry for home and health. Mmmmm.